My interest in Computing Education (CEd) comes from, and continues to be inspired by, my extensive experience in teaching computer science and software engineering topics. At UU, I am currently involved in the following courses:
In the past, I have taught over twenty courses, designed multiple courses, and coordinated several educational programs. Some coursed I have taught are: Artificial Intelligence for games, Discrete Mathematics, C# programming, OO programming in Java, Client-side web technologies, Software Architecture and design patterns, PHP Web Programming, ASP.NET, Functional Design and OO programming, Simulation, Compiler construction, Databases and SQL, Introduction to programming in C++, and Introduction to Logic.
I currently supervise two PhD students.
You can always contact me if you are interested in doing a Bachelor or Master thesis on a topic related to my reserach interests. Concrete projects can be found on my Konjoin profile.
I served in the program committee of several CEd research conferences (ITiCSE, SIGCSE, AIED, Koli, QUATIC), and regularly review for journals (TOCE, TLT, C&E).
Recent & upcoming talks
- Invited talk at NeurIPS 2023 workshop Generative AI for Education (GAIED), December 2023.
- Talk Copilot and ChatGPT in programming education: what do we know from a
research perspective? at NIOC 2023 (Dutch Informatics Education Conference).
- Talk A.I. tools in programming education at the U-talent ‘Docentennetwerk informatica’ meeting, Januari 2023
- Improving computer science education. Feature in I/O magazine article, April 2023.
- Betere code met automatische feedback en hints. Hieke Keuning. AG Connect, December 2020.